Monday, November 23, 2009

"We're going streaking..."

Assignment 3-1: Weekly Written Analysis
November 23, 2009. 5:30 am.

I would say that when it comes to a man, I definitely have a "type," but unfortunately one man broke that mold and stole my heart.

He is big, hairy, enjoys being naked, has an odd looking face, and is absolutely hilarious. He is Will Ferrell.



Will Ferrell has been making us laugh for many years. From Saturday Night Live to over 35 films, Will Ferrell is an outrageously funny person. He is an actor, a comedian, does voice-overs, writes and directs. His resume may be long, but that's not why Will Ferrell is a front man of popular culture. He gives his roles something extra, something memorable.

It could be the image burned in our minds of "Frank the Tank" running through town naked, his awesome impressions of George W. Bush and Harry Caray or one of the many lines from his films that we all repeat over and over but the point is, he's number one. Fitting, there's a quote for this:

"If you're not first, you're last!" -Ricky Bobby


Although Will Ferrell is loved by many, not everyone shares this feeling. Forbes named Will Ferrell the most overpaid actor of 2009. This was based on the blockbuster disaster “Land of the Lost” and the fact the actor demands a very high salary but the roles don’t always pay off.

Payoff or not, I love Will Ferrell. I have never been disappointed with anything he has done and I will to continue to look forward to his future projects!

_______________________________________________________

References:

  1. http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/17/hollywoods-most-overpaid-stars-business-entertainment-overpaid-stars.html
  2. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002071/

No comments:

Post a Comment